Friday, June 14, 2019

Deliverance of Israel (GL14)

   'Appreciating God's Love'

A) Israel Blessed with Fruitfulness
Exo 1:7  But the children of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly, multiplied and grew exceedingly mighty; and the land was filled with them.
    God bless the Israelites bountifully, that Pharaoh commanded every male child to be killed, the time when Moses was born, saved and adopted by the Egyptian princess.
Exo 1:22  So Pharaoh commanded all his people, saying, "Every son who is born you shall cast into the river, and every daughter you shall save alive."

Moses Fled Egypt
Exo 2:11-12  Now it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brethren and looked at their burdens. And he saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his brethren. So he looked this way and that way, and when he saw no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
    At the age of 40, Moses fled Egypt after having killed an Egyptian. He settled down in Midian and had two sons.
    For 40 years, God was preparing him in the wilderness. Speaking from the burning bush, God sent Moses back to Egypt to set his people free from slavery.
Exo 3:7,10  And the Lord said: "I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows... Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt."

B) Redeemed to be His People
Exo 6:6-8  "Therefore say to the children of Israel: 'I am the Lord; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the Lord your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the Lord.' "
1. God delivered the Israelites from the bondages of Egypt and redeemed them, just as Jesus redeems Christians and set us free from the bondages of this world
2. God made them to be His people just as Jesus made us His people.
3. God would bring them into the Promised land just as Jesus will bring us into the kingdom of heaven.

God strengthened their Faith
Exo 7:3-4  And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt. But Pharaoh will not heed you, so that I may lay My hand on Egypt and bring My armies and My people, the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
    God knew the faithlessness of man. So He hardened Pharaoh's heart so that He could perform more signs and wonders in order to strengthen the faith of the Israelites in His ability to lead them into the Promised land.

C) Building Up their Faith
Exo 3:19-20  But I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not even by a mighty hand. So I will stretch out My hand and strike Egypt with all My wonders which I will do in its midst; and after that he will let you go."
    Throughout history, man had shown to be faithless and carnal - 'seeing is believing'. So God displayed the ten plagues affecting and killing the Egyptians but sparing the Israelites.
   All the Israelites witnessed these ten signs and wonders, which should remove every doubt of God's ability in bringing them into the Promised land.

Remembrance of His Wonders
Exo 3:21-22  "And I will give this people favor in the sight of the Egyptians; and it shall be, when you go, that you shall not go empty-handed. But every woman shall ask of her neighbor, namely, of her who dwells near her house, articles of silver, articles of gold, and clothing; and you shall put them on your sons and on your daughters. So you shall plunder the Egyptians."
    God made the Egyptians to give presents of gold, silver and clothing. So when in doubts, their faith would be strengthened by these presents, which would bring back to their memories of the great deliverance by God's mighty signs and wonder.
  Our Father God is love. He is filled with wisdom, truth, mercy and knowledge. He is always providing the good things, which can bless and help His people strengthen their faith in Him.